Friday, March 2, 2012

Special Announcement!

We're swinging from the rafters over here at IHCC in anticipation of our next featured chef! 
photo credit: Chicago Magazine
If you can believe it, this month marks our final month of cooking with Tessa Kiros.  Is it just me or did the past 5 months just fly by!? 

Yes.  This is normally the time we would put a poll up on our sidebar with a list of three or four cooks/chefs (guys this time) to vote for in anticipation of our next six months.  Well.  We've decided to announce a SPECIAL FEATURE this go 'round.  You see.  All four of us - Deb, Natashya, Kim and myself are itchin' to spend a solid six month cooking with Rick Bayless.  Spring...summer...fresh ingredients...all begging to be turned into bright, flavorful Mexican dishes and beverages.  Can you blame us!?  So instead of taking a vote, we decided to announce RICK BAYLESS as our pick for the next six months.  We hope you are as excited to cook with him as we are.

And we promise...it's back to a vote for our next lady chef/cook pick!  There's a link on the sidebar to all of Rick's books on Amazon or here.  He's also contributed to many compilation books...has been featured in magazines...and has a great website - all of which feature a huge variety of things that we can cook/bake up over the course of six months.

Viva Mexico!

10 comments:

Nammi said...

yay!!! finaly a familiar face heheh sorry, I searched all over the place looking for recipes from your previous chef :)

Jamie K said...

Wow! Love him! You ladies did good!!! Can't wait!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Love the photo Heather!

This is going to be fun! ;-)

NKP said...

Woot! I am so excited to get Mexican with Bayless this summer!

pam said...

Perfect! I was just looking through one of his books the other day, thinking I need to cook more Bayless!

Kim said...

Love that picture of Bayless. Can't wait to get cooking with him.

luckybunny said...

I'm excited about this! For most of the summer I'll be cooking out of my kitchen in our 5th wheel as we head North, and I think these recipes will be fun to work with. I'll have to get a couple of books to get me going :) Great pick!

Carla and Michael said...

So glad Rick Bayless is the new pick. I already own some of his books and the library has many others. Couldn't find any for Tessa and wasn't going to buy them as the hubs isn't a big fan of Mediterranean food.See you all in April.

Leslie Harris said...

I wanna play too! Please tell me it's not too late to join! :)

Heather S-G said...

Okay, I'll tell you. IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN! ha ha ha. We're very easy going over here. You can join in any week you like...and sit out when you can't. A new theme is announced every Monday and the linky will be kept open for you to add your link to for the entire week (plus a day or two). We'd love it if you'd join us! =)