Monday, October 31, 2011

In My Pasta Bowl....

Is there anything more comforting than pasta? Okay, maybe good bread. And ice cream. And if you are serving pasta, good bread, and ice cream - I will be your best friend forever.

This week at I♥CC, we are celebrating all things pasta! Short, long, fat or thin. Whole wheat, kamut, white, or corn. Dried, grocery fresh or homemade - the choice is yours!

Get out your Tessa Kiros cookbooks and pick out a great pasta dish to savour this week. Post on or by Sunday, November 6th and hook up with Mr. Linky, below.

We can't wait to see your noodles!

Link up below, and while you are deciding what to cook - check out last week's delicious Harvest Moon posts!

Link your Tessa Kiros I♥CC post of the week below. Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.
photos from google images
I Heart Cooking Clubs *In My Pasta Bowl* Participants
1. Mika-Spaghetti con Zucchini
2. Deb in Hawaii--Pistachio & Rucola Pesto
3. Kim - Pasta in Chicken Broth & some other goodies too
4. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Sautéed Tomatoes over Mafaldine Pasta
5. Michelle ~ Penne alla Senese (Penne w/ Sausage, Walnuts, and Cream)
6. Kayte - Pasta with Olives
7. Natashya - Spaghetti with Peppercorns, Anchovies, Tomato, and Lemon
8. Heather -Vermicelli Soup w/ Butter, Lemon, & Mint
9. Yvette - Spaghettini al pomodoro
10. Andreas - Pasta with eggs and fried breadcrumbs

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

17 comments:

Heather S-G said...

It's the perfect week for comforting pasta. Fun post :D

Mika said...

I don't think I love any food as much as pasta. Can't wait to see everyone's dishes!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Can't wait to see all the different pasta delights in everyone's pasta bowls. ;-)

Kim said...

I'm especially looking forward to this week. Tessa has so many pasta recipes. It's going to be fun to see everyone's choices!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I went green this week with Tessa's Pistachio and Rucola (Arugula) Pesto with Farfalle. Easy and full of flavor. ;-)

Nammi said...

does anyone know where to find her recipes on line?

NKP said...

Nammi - while many of our previous chefs have had widespread internet presence, Tessa doesn't seem to.
Check your local library for one of her books, or amazon often has good deals on new and used books.
Cheers!

Kim said...

I was in the mood for some kitchen therapy so I made Tessa's chicken broth, chicken croquettes, and her pasta in chicken broth. Everything was delicious, but the chicken croquettes were an absolute favorite! Tessa's chicken croquettes are the best I've tried...really good.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

I had a late batch of tomatoes to use up from my husband's grandma's farm and cooked them up Tessa style and served them over pasta, yummy!

Michelle B said...

Best Tessa recipe for us yet-Penne alla Senese! Every week gets better. Thanks you, IHCC, for introducing me to Tessa Kiros.

Kayte said...

Pasta with Olives (okay, you caught me, there were also supposed to be anchovies in this but I conveniently left them out so others here would eat this). Delicious!

NKP said...

Spaghetti with Peppercorns, Anchovies, Tomato and Lemon is up! And delicious!

Heather S-G said...

I went with a simple bowl of soup...full of skinny noodles. Yum!

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

I was missing all the fun, so now i'm back. My post for this week is up.

Andreas said...

Post is up. I think I made the same recipe as Natashya but different.

Kim said...

Natashya - Your pasta looks delicious. I'm thinking that sauce had to be incredible, with some great saltiness from the anchovies and quite a bit of spiciness from the peppercorns (that's quite a bit of peppercorns).

NKP said...

Thanks Kim! The peppercorns are brined - and mine were extra hot for some reason, a present from Mel.
They kind of blended in to the sauce in the pic - but you could sure taste them! Delicious.

Andreas - That's what I love about I♥CC, we can put our own spin on recipes and two versions quite often end up in the same round-up. Wonderful!