Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers

April showers bring May flowers.........
but they also usher in a gorgeous abundance of fresh produce in every dazzling color.  Very soon the markets will be brimming with beautiful and bountiful treasures begging to be used in fresh and exciting dishes. A treasure trove of beautiful ingredients awaits us.
How do April Showers inspire you? Will you find yourself running to the market in your raincoat OR will the rain keep you inside? Whether you decide to stay in or wander out, there is a Jamie recipe for you!

Make and post your April Showers dish by Sunday, April 17th.  Don't forget to link your post of the week's with Mr. Linky below, so that we can all enjoy your recipe!

Remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.


Wanna get happy?  Head over here to check out last week's Happy Days recipes.

Don't forget to tune in to Jamie's Food Revolution which airs on ABC this Tuesday, April 12th at 8/7 central.
I Heart Cooking Clubs *April Showers* Participants
1. Tina Marie - cheesy peas
2. Michelle ~ 1 Minute Berry Ice Cream
3. Tammy Lou ~ Steak with "grilled" chips and blueberry fruit crumble
4. DeeDee
5. Heather ~ Chicken and Leek Stroganoff
6. Deb in Hawaii--Very Simple Curry and Cilantro & Lime Rice
7. Natashya - Insalata di Gennaro
8. Melodie - Split pea soup
9. Kim- Shrimp Stir Fry with Sugar Snap Peas
10. yvette - blackened barbequed pork
11. Andreas- Asparagus and Potato Tart
12. Roz ~ Farfalle Carbonara with Spring Peas
13. natalia - Pot-roasted Pork in White Wine with Garlic, Fennel, and Rosemary
14. Lana - Beef Tagine

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

18 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great post Kim! ;-) I enjoyed my mostly from the farmers market April Showers dish tonight and will have it posted in a couple of days.

Looking forward to watching Food Revolution this week...

Heather S-G said...

I love that stained glass picture...so pretty :D Hmmm...now what will April showers bring me...?

NKP said...

Beautiful! We had an amazing thunderstorm yesterday, I cleaned up the yard the day before, and I am ready for the flowers and produce!

Tina said...

What a fun post! I had to keep it cool in our kicthen as no air conditioning.........so...minimal cooking and heating up of the house. Whew!

Michelle B said...

Nice post, Kim!

I took advantage of local strawberries and used them as the base for berry "ice cream."

Tammy Lou said...

Living in Cascadia / the Pacific Northwest means that I am extremely familiar with rain this time of year. Sunlight is finally starting to break through the clouds and the mild case of seasonal affective disorder that seems to set in for everyone around February. The sun came out while I was at the farmers market over the weekend and everyone's mood ostensibly lifted. It feels great to be turning the corner!

Arlene Delloro said...

We have a few more weeks before our farmers' markets open, but I have some lovely veggies in the bin that I'll play with in the meantime.

♕DeeDee♕ at Fairfield Manor said...

I'm all linked up to Fairfield Manor with some yummy pesto. Come and check it out! So cinchy!

♕DeeDee♕ at Fairfield Manor said...

I've linked my latest Jamie recipe over at Fairfield Manor. Yummy pesto!

Heather S-G said...

Made a good, healthy-feeling Chicken & Leek Stroganoff :)

Deb in Hawaii said...

I grilled some local fish and made Jamie's Very Simple Curry and Lime-Cilantro Rice using mostly ingredients from the farmers market. It was delicious. ;-)

NKP said...

Insalata di Gennaro is up! (With extra capers for Deb, of course!)

Mélodie said...

I started by making farfalle with spring peas. Didn't turn out good. So I made yellow split pea soup. And it was fabulous!

Kim said...

Cleaning out my pantry and freezer with Jamie's Shrimp Stir Fry with Sugar Snaps. This is exactly the kind of spring cleaning I like to do:)

Andreas said...

Post is up. :)

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

All linked up with a Carbonara with Spring Peas recipe by Jamie Oliver. It's yummy!

natalia said...

Ciao ragazze ! I love all your spring recipes !

Yrene MWCAdventure said...

my bbq pork fillets where up yesterday. What a great dishes made everyone!